Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Amanda's Steak Tacos ... (Originally from Weight Watchers, but I'll give her all the credit!)

So, this is an EASY, EASY recipe that is absolutely wonderful. If you haven't noticed, I am into using the slow cooker lately. I have one more slow cooker to post, but I'm determined to post something else before it! Anyways, this was out of a Weight Watcher's Cook Book, but I will always know these as Amanda's Steak Tacos from now on. If you want to read about the girl who inspired me to quick drinking Diet Coke cold turkey, check out her blog!



So, here is the recipe. Come home to a dinner that cooks all day, but takes about 10 minutes to put on the table!

Ingredients
  • 1 pound flank steak (picture below if you aren't sure what to look for)
  • 1 t chili powder
  • 1.5 cups low sodium beef broth
  • 3/4 cup chunky salsa
  • 2 T diced green chiles (drained if necessary)
  • 1/2 cup black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas (got some AWESOME ones from Trader Joes)
  • Low Fat/Reduced Fat Sour Cream
Directions

Whisk the beef broth and the chili powder in the slow cooker. Add flank steak and cook on low 8-10 hours.

Transfer steak to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid from the crock pot and get rid of the rest. Wipe out crock pot with a paper towel. Return meat to slow cooker.






Stir in reserved cooking liquid, salsa, beans, cilantro, and chiles. Cook on high for 5 minutes.



How good does that look? Here is what you'll need to finish this off:





Top each tortilla with some beef, a spoon full of salsa, and a little dollop of sour cream!




Enjoy :) SO GOOD!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!! I just started a blog called "The Newlywed Chef" and I saw you had one too!! I love your ideas, and those taco's look super yummy!! You can check out my blog, and let me know what you think!!

    http://newlywedswelcome.blogspot.com/

    Happy cooking!!!

    ReplyDelete